The Nevada Dietetic Association - Leadership and Districts
Optimize the health of all Nevadans through food and nutrition.
Empower members to be Nevada's food and nutrition leaders.
- Integrity: Act ethically with accountability and commitment to excellence.
- Customer Focus: Meet the needs and expectations of all our customers through evidenced based practice.
- Innovation: Embrace change with creativity, life-long learning and strategic thinking.
- Social Responsibility: Make decisions with consideration for inclusivity as well as environmental, economic and social implications.
- President - Heather Williams, PhD, RD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- President Elect - Aurora Buffington MS, RD
- Email: email@example.com
- Secretary - Libby Lovig RD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Treasurer - Heather Lupkey RD
- Email: email@example.com
- Nominating Committee Chair - Gregory Parsley RD
- House of Delegates Representative - Crystal Patrello BS, RD
- Public Policy Coordinator -
Non Voting Members
- Past President - Pam Wagner, RD, CNSD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominating Committee (2nd Year)
- Nominating Committee (1st year)
- Reimbursement Representative - Lynice Anderson RD, CDE
- Email: email@example.com
- Public Relations & State Media Representative -
- State Policy Representative
- State Regulatory Specialist - Deborah Klein RD, CNSD
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- State Awards Chair - Barbara Scott, MPH, RD & Miriam Een, RD
- Email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continuing Education Chair - Barbara Paulsen, MS, RD
- Email: email@example.com
- National Nutrition Month Representative -
- Licensing Committee Michelle Cowee RDN, LD, CDE
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Administrative Aide & Website Administrator - Lauri Egan, RD
- Email: NevadaRD@gmail.com
Must be a member of The Academy/NDA to apply for membership in district associations.
Membership will be verified.
NNDA Website http://nndda.wordpress.com/
The Holiday Meet N'Greet Event held on Wednesday Dec 14th was a great success!
We had over 40 local RD/DTRs, family and friends join us along with over 113lbs of donated canned goods which were given to the Food Bank of Northern Nevada.
Thanks to all who came and participated!
The NNDDA ran a food drive for National Nutrition Month. The drive ran from March 1st to March 14th and culminated with a volunteer night on March 15th at the Food Bank of Northern Nevada. The volunteer night was a success! The NNDDA collected 390 pounds of food for distribution to Northern Nevada families and helped pack onions at the foodbank (a little stinky!)
The two ladies pictured won the contests; Heidi Shoemaker (on the left) for the most boxes of food, 4 in total, and Skye Steffens (on the right) for the heaviest amount of food, 40 pounds.
SNDA President - Sheela Kunishige, RD
SNDA President-Elect - Michelle Konstantarakis
SNDA Past President – Megan Ruby, RD
Nominating Committee Chair - Dee Milman
SNDA Secretary – Christina Vergara
SNDA Treasurer – M. Joy Deguzman-Walters
Nominating Committee Member (2nd) Year - Barb Paulsen, MS, RD
Nominating Committee (1st Year) - Leah Hanson
Non-member access to the SNDA
The speaker from our meeting on January 12, 2011 is Torey Leavitt, MS, RD, CD. She is the Clinical Nutrition Director for the Center for Change. The Center for Change is an eating disorder in-patient clinic in Utah. Torey did a wonderful job presenting on eating disorders from a dietitian's experience with this population.
Board members having fun. Front row: Aurora-Nominating Committee Chair, Megan- Pres-Elect, Tammy- President. Back row: Dee- Secretary, Lory- Treasurer.
The SNDA's last board meeting was held at Three Square Food Bank in Las Vegas.
The speaker was Dorian Martin who is a recent UNLV Nutrition Science
graduate that works for Three Square. Three Square is a food bank that
offers many programs for children. Dorian spoke on the nutrition services
they provide for children as well as children food security issues."
SNDA members enjoying the wonderful meal prepared by Three Square staff
The warehouse where they pack the bags for their "Backpack for Kids" program.
On February 24, 2010 the SNDA hosted an ice skating night for it's members. Six members attended and had a great time! Photos Here
Currently Being Updated